Lead Seamstress Assistant
Posted on January 22, 2023
Assistant Lead Seamstress
Company: The Charlotte Letter, LLC (TCL)
Location: Onsite Sherman, Texas
Position: Full Time
Seamstress Job Description
We are looking to employ an experienced seamstress to create adaptive clothing for children with special needs and lead a team of seamstresses. This lead position will need to be able to amend, alter, and construct garments and other fabric-made articles according to our design specifications.
To be successful as a Lead Seamstress, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of various fabrics and sewing techniques. An outstanding lead seamstress should achieve exceptional customer service and promptly complete all tasks.
Lead Seamstress Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring customers using tape measures to ensure proper fit of garments.
- Lead team in daily activities, including distributing tasks, solving assembly issues, and assuring garment standards and deadlines are met.
- Ensuring that sewing machines and other equipment are in good working order.
- Altering or repairing customers' garments and other articles includes hemming, mending, lengthening, and taking in and letting out seams.
- Fitting garments on customers to determine how the alterations should be done.
- Constructing garments and other articles according to customers’ specifications and preferences.
- Some knowledge of pattern development.
- Knows how to read and make tech packs.
- Communicating with customers to determine their specifications, needs, and preferences.
- Using irons and pressing machines to erase the creases on garments and other articles.
- 5+ years of proven sewing experience.
- Proven sewing experience.
- Sound knowledge of various fabrics and sewing techniques.
- The ability to work under time constraints.
- The ability to safely use different types of sewing machines.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Read tech packs
- Has experience with commercial sewing machines: Juki
- Create tech packs
- Create patterns
- Some college in fashion.